I just realized that a year and one day from now it will be 11/11/11. Weird.
Chaela just ran up to me and yelled, "I AM ANNOY-WING!"
Joci's new favorite place to be is in the laundry basket. She spends a lot of time there.
Will just got Call of Duty: Black Ops, and I'm about to Black Ops his headset if he doesn't turn down the volume so he can hear me when I talk to him.
Chaela was throwing a ball in the house today (after I told her not to) and broke a glass. I freaked out, but no one was hurt except Psyduck, the Pokemon residing on the broken cup.
***
This was also going to be a one sentence update, but I'm just feeling kind of happy about it and wanted to share more extensively.
Last night I outlined an entire trilogy. Beginning, middle, and end, all with no gaping plot holes that I can see right now.
You all know that I was working on something up until a year and a half ago, when my creative juices just stopped flowing because I got pregnant. I've been trying so, so hard to finish that story ever since I felt the urge to write again, but it wasn't happening. I'm sorry to the people who have been patiently waiting for me to finish, I'm trying, but it's just not happening. I'm stuck.
I've had another story rolling around in my head for a long time (since I was a teenager). I haven't wanted to start writing it because 1) I was working on my other story, and 2) I didn't think I had anywhere to go with it. I had zip. However, there was one scene I was itching to write, so last night I finally let myself. After I was done, I felt like I wanted get down a brief outline of the few things I knew I wanted to happen.
I ended up writing a page and a half outline for the first book and two large paragraphs for two books to follow. That has never happened to me before... plotting is an element of writing that escapes me, but this feels almost like it's been there, living in my head, this whole time. Cool and strange.
Now I'm not going to say that things are just going to fall into place as I start writing, or that I'll have time to write, or that I'll ever do anything with these outlines, or that it's even a good or original story, but it does make me feel good to have it all down, to have a direction to go in. It makes me happy. :)
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

3 comments:
Just make sure to include me in your beta readers group when you become a famous author.
Oh, I will, but you probably won't like the kind of books I write, ha ha. Don't forget, I'm very shallow. :)
Yay Caitlyn! At least you're moving forward with your goals, that's my next step... Someday I'll do the things I want to do. You should write one liners about what Chaela says more often, I love them.
Post a Comment