It's almost a new year. I usually don't do resolutions, because promising myself something makes me accountable, and I pretty much never come through. However, I'd like this year to be different. Here are some of my goals for 2011:
1. Lose an average of 1 pound per week for the entire year, totaling somewhere around 50 pounds, which will put me somewhere within 10 pounds of what I weighed when I got married. This is my biggest, scariest goal.
2. Attempt to get at least one thing published. Not even get published; just try.
3. Move out of my parents' basement.
This is what I'd like to do this year. It's not a long list, but it's a very difficult one. If I remember at this time next year, I'll do a recap of how it went. I probably won't remember, but you can be sure that if any of these things happen, you'll know about it.
I was talking to my dad today, and he reminded me that I have to create opportunities for myself. I have to do. I've already wasted two years sitting here waiting for life to happen to me. If I want something to happen, I have to make it happen. I used to be able to do that. This year I want to rediscover that ability. I want to make things happen.
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

3 comments:
Totally agree with you Caitlyn! And thank you for your encouragement about my job hunt frustration.
I think we are both smart and wonderful women who have a lot going for us and people would be foolish NOT to listen to our ideas and give us amazing jobs :)
xoxo
I feel you there. My big three are similar. But, I wouldn't doubt for a second that you will get multiple things published this year. I love your writing style! You are quite the author, and reading your blogs always brightens my day. Good Luck, though I don't think you'll need it. You are super talented! Here's to the new year! =) Love and miss you all!
Way to go girl!!! You can do it!!! If I can lose weight, anyone can!!! You are an awesome writer and can't really see where you will have a problem publishing your writing. Moving out will be great, let us know what we can do to help. Love Mom Hair
Post a Comment