Sunday, September 4, 2011

Joci's Words

Well it's been a while since I've posted an update on Joci.  At 16 months, she's in that stage where she is constantly changing, and it has a lot to do with language.

New words:

bayey!! - "Bath" (always said with at least two exclamation points, usually while trying to strip)
yah - "Yes"
Buu - "Blue's Clues" (or "I want to watch TV," it could be either)
Bye + wave - "Bye" or "I want to leave."

And possibly : Chuh - "Chaela," but that one isn't consistent, so I'm not positive.

Ok, there aren't many of those.  But though she isn't saying much, she is understanding a lot.  Here are some words/phrases that Joci knows:

Are you hungry?
Eat
Nap (or ni-night)
Bath (obviously)
Pickle
Fruit snack
Bread
Get dressed
Shoe
Blue (as in Blue's Clues)
Wait a minute
Stop
Toy
No
Go outside
Swing
Book

There are others, including family member's names, but this list is good enough.  In addition to verbal things, Joci is picking up unspoken language, like shaking her head no, pointing, waving, giving kisses, and giving hugs.

One phrase she doesn't seem to get is "come here," which can be frustrating when she's running away from me butt naked and dripping wet.  Oh, well.  In time.

No comments: