Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Winner!

Ok, not exactly.  But I wanted to post that I entered my first-ever writing challenge on one of the two writing forums I frequent.  Thirteen people entered; many of them have been writing for years.  One or two are published.  The contest was to take the "trigger" and write the first 13 lines of a potential novel.  The trigger this time was the noir/hardboiled detective genre.

Guess what?  I got SECOND PLACE!  The only person who beat me is one I know has been published.  I just wanted to put up a little "yay me!" post, because I'm proud of myself.  It's nice to have a little validation... like maybe this goal of being a writer isn't completely crazy.  Maybe someday I really will be published!

We'll find out soon enough.  Within the next few days, I'll be submitting a short story to an online magazine.  I'm planning on it being rejected, because that's what happens.  But maybe it won't sting as much as it would have.

: D

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

You're awesome Caitlyn! Way to go! You are really quite an amazing writer! I want my copy of your book autographed by the way - just so you know for future reference. =)

Elyse said...

Awesome! Great job! You will get published!