Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rapunzel Dress Part 2: The devil is in the details


Did you ever notice that the sheer part of Rapunzel's sleeves are embroidered at the top and bottom? Me either, until I started studying the dress. You'll also notice if you study pictures of the dress that the sleeve fabric isn't striped, it's a bunch of pink ribbon stitched on with lavender thread. Yup. I guess it makes sense for her outfit to be ornate; it's not like she had much else to do locked up in her tower.

So far I'm cruising through this dress. I am a little worried that the embroidery on the sleeves might have gathered the fabric and made them too tight, so I'll let you all know about that. And the petticoat was too long, as predicted, but I think I'll just roll it because A) I might be able to use it again someday and B) I am too lazy to change it now.

1 comment:

elyse.carroll said...

You are so talented, it's ridiculous! Miss you!