Thursday, July 19, 2012

Sometimes writing is hard

So today I actually worked a little bit on a new project of mine.  You know, sometimes writing is so easy.  The scene just comes to me, like a movie I'm watching in my head, and I can't type fast enough to keep up.  Sometimes writing is like trying to see what's happening outside, except you're inside in a room with no windows, so your only choice is to bust through the blank white walls.  With your head.  That's where I am right now.


I feel like I can't "see" the story.  I know it's there, like it's an active thing that's happening just a breath too far away to get at.  So I'm chipping away at this white wall to get to it.  Chipping teeny tiny bits out of a massive stone wall to get to the characters and story on the other side.  I know it's there, but getting through to it is so much work.

1 comment:

Deb Stevens said...

I'm a bad writing-buddy. I still need to get you the rest of my edits. Why didn't you kick me, eh?

S'okay, cause I'm kicking myself now. You will have them by Monday.

When are we all getting together again? Beginning of August, what does your schedule look like?