Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Costumes 2012: Complete!



Today I finished Chaela's Rapunzel hair!  With that, all of my required sewing/craftiness for Halloween is complete!  I've had some people ask me how I did it.  Well, I took an entire skein of yarn that matched her hair and about 6 spools of gold ribbon, cut them so that they were twice as long as I wanted, folded bunches of them in half and slid them on bobby pins, then put the bobby pins in strategic places on her head.  



To get it all to stay I had to start the braid and then put some of the stuff in as I was braiding.  It wasn't as good as I wanted it, but it was just a trial run, and as far as looks go, I think it turned out really well!  I even had some trim leftover that I was going to put on her dress.  That didn't work out, but since the trim was a sheer ribbon with silk flowers sewn on, I decided it would work really well for this, and I think it did!

The braid with no Chaela attached to it.  It's ALIVE!  Just kidding,
 but it is a little creepy to me even though it isn't real hair.


The whole effect!  And Joci with an apple!  Wrong fairytale, Joci!

Later in the day my neighbors swept/raked all of their leaves and let the kids from around the neighborhood jump in it.  They loved it!


Joci kept running up to me and yelling, "Fun, mommy!  Fun!"  That's pretty priceless.  I love my kids, and I love that they can experience everything I've always loved about Fall.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Joci looks so much like Will in that last picture. Also, I am totally jelous of your crafy-ness and wish that I lived closer to you!

Kristin said...

Seriously, every time I see that outfit with the hair and everything I am so impressed! It looks incredible! Next year maybe I'll be more decisive and you can make my kids halloween costumes.

I love fall! Every time we walk into our apartment, Kimball stops to crunch the leaves. It makes me happy every time.

Katie said...

I think its weird to see Joci with hair!