Monday, October 8, 2012

Progress

I will have you people know that I am almost finished with the beginning.  I've spent the last few days going over what I have and bringing it up to what I want it to be.  Tomorrow I should be writing the last chapter of the beginning.  Then it's on to the middle.

Also, thanks to the email of one certain person in my writing group (you know who you are!) I've done a Stupid Thing.  I have signed up for NaNoWriMo.

"But why is it stupid, Caitlyn?" you, the reader, asks, "You can use that as encouragement to finish this current manuscript!"

Ha ha, you silly person.  Those NaNo people are smart.  They make it into a competition.  I will be competing with myself.  You see, you can "win" NaNo.  Yes!  Winning!  I love to win!  BUT you have to follow the rules, and one of the rules is that you're not allowed to use anything you've already written.  Oh, you can outline and whatnot, but no prose.

"Winners" get cool internet badges that they can put in their profiles.  I want to be a winner!  I could try to finish what I'm working on now before NaNo.  Or I could go along at my current pace while outlining something new for NaNo and just write that while giving my current story a break for a month.

We'll see.  I'd really like the distinction of having completed NaNoWriMo.

Or maybe I'll spend November sewing instead.  I never know what I'm going to do.  Oh, yeah!  UN-PRE-DICTABLE!  (That was for you, Lindsay.)

Probably I shouldn't blog while drowsy.

No comments: