Monday, April 5, 2010

Popcorn Popping All Over Me

As you all know, Will grew up out west, which means, essentially, that he has never experienced a gas stove top until now.  In turn, this means he's never popped popcorn in one of those foil things that you hold over the burner (you can do it on an electric stove according to the box, but he never has).

This is what happened.





In honor of the occasion, I have rewritten a beloved LDS children's song.

I looked up from eating lunch and what did I see?
Popcorn flying all around me.
Will had caught me quite by surprise.
Popcorn flying right before my eyes.
I could sweep it all up and still find more,
Popcorn landing all over the floor.
Was it really so?
Yes, there seems to be
A popcorn mess all around me.

Lucky for Will, the box came with two stove top popcorn things.  His next attempt went much better.

Life lessons.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Tehehehe too cute!

Diane said...

I love the song! Nice work Will!

Lindsay said...

ahahahaha thats funny. but at least he cleaned it up. and lovely song by the way.

Kristin said...

I love it! haha, he made a mess! I can laugh at him because he would do the same for me.