Sunday, May 16, 2010

Two Weeks

Well, Joci is almost four weeks old (she will be on Tuesday) and I can't believe how time has flown by.  As I've told a few people lately, the four weeks since her birth have gone by faster than the one week before it, and I'm glad.  It's incredibly incredible to have my body back again.

One of the things I'm looking forward to, kind of, is being able to work out again.  It's been over three years since I gained a bunch of weight, and I'm tired of it.  I like to think I would have reached my goal by now if I hadn't been interrupted by pregnancy.  I'm actually a little afraid I won't be able to force myself to get back into it like I was, especially since I'm not working at a fitness center this time around.  However, I am inspired by my husband and his family, especially my brother-in-law Danny, who has lost about 60 pounds, my sister-in-law, Jana, who could kick my butt at any kind of work out, and my father-in-law, Tom, who gets up ridiculously early to climb mountains for fun.  If I can be like them, I will once again look like this:


My family is also pretty inspiring, I guess, because they're all skinny.  Like this:


But that mostly only makes me feel vaguely guilty around the holidays, when I see my sisters.

Anyway, enough photoshop and rambling.  Mostly I just wanted to announce that I'm recommitting to getting into shape now that I'm no longer pregnant.  I can do it!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I am sure its harder to do it after having a baby but I have heard that breast feeding helps you burn calories!

I am having a hard time finding my motivation again to work out and I'm not quite sure what to do!

Diane said...

Cami is helping me right now. We are getting up everyday before I go to work!! You can do it! Just think how great you'll look in that swimsuit in august!!

Daniel Moroni Hair said...

That is awesome! I am so happy! I have realized how many people around me are wanting to change now that they have seen that I have. I really love it. Really, anything that I could tell you, you probably know. Just know to try to not to eat after 8pm, eat fruits and vegies, drink lots of water (8 oz), cut down on sugar (don't fully go off though of course lol), watch the content of fat that you eat by looking at the food labels. Then try and eat 6 small meals instead of 3 big ones. It will keep your metabolism going. Also, if you have a sugar craving, only have a little, then drink the same amount of water as you had with your sugar. That will help drain part of the sugar out of your system. Then also exercise. Which you are doing! :D This is probably more than you wanted, but just in case, there you go! :D You have supported me, so I wanna support you! :D

P.S. I am sorry I haven't commented for many years now. I think I can actually do it if you could possibly send me emails that notify me of you posting. You can add me in your settings.

Kristin said...

Caitlyn I believe in you! I am already finding it challenging with a baby, but we will have to keep each other motivated! I have found though that the more people that I tell that I'm exercising, the more I feel like I have to do it. Weird but it works for me.