Friday, October 29, 2010

Costumes 2010

 Chaela was a "scary witch" this year.  Unfortunately, she's sitting, so you can't see the amazingness that is her cloak (my favorite part).  However, you can see the striped tights and utterly sweet boots, so it's ok.  On this costume, I made the cloak and dress; everything else (hat, undershirt, boots, and tights) I bought.  I really love the purple and black!

 Joci was a black cat to go along with Chaela's witch.  My favorite part of this?  The feet.  Joci's costume was completely handmade from a plush-ish fleece, so it was soft and warm.  Funny story: I had to shrink the pattern because even a size 1/2 (the smallest size) was too big, but I accidentally shrank it too much, so I had to cut the entire costume in half and sew a band around the stomach area.  I also had to cut down the middle of the hood and add a triangle of fabric there for her enormously round head.  Turned out ok in the end, though.  You can't tell from this picture, but Joci carries on the purple and black theme with a purple "collar" around the neck of her costume (just a ribbon I sewed on).  It's hard to see her tail in this, but it's in her hand.

Here are my girls together!  I really wanted a picture of Chaela standing so you get the full effect of the cloak's awesomeness.  Possibly I will make her put on the cloak tomorrow.  Questionable as to whether those pictures will make it on here even if I do take them.

As for actual trick-or-treating last night (Thursday... Ohio is lame and doesn't do it on Halloween, I don't know why), it went well.

But it was really, really cold.

Our church's trunk-or-treat tonight was still chilly, but not as bad.  No good pictures from that, but Chaela was really excited to go around and collect candy a second time.

Next year's idea: pirates, unless Chaela is old enough to realize she can pick her own, then we'll see.  I'm not going to tell her.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Again, your sewing skills amaze me!

Gemarie said...

Love the costumes!