Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Time to make the costumes!

If you've followed my blog for more than a year, you might know that Halloween is important to me, and the most important part is the costumes.  Not mine, my kids.

Here is a look back at the costumes I've done for the girls since Chaela's first Halloween:


2008: Medieval Princess
She went trick or treating to one house.  She didn't wear the veil.

2009: Fairy
My camera had a smudge on the lens, but you get it.  To be honest, it's my least favorite to date.

2010: "Scary" Witch and Black Cat
My ultimate favorite so far (though I'm hoping to outdo myself this year).  I wish I had a better picture.
Mostly rode in the wagon.  It was freezing last year.  There's a tail, too, you just can't see it.  I liked this, but it ended up a little too small and I kept having to pull it apart and add more fabric.

Coming Halloween 2011

Pirates!

Once again, I'm designing the girls' costumes, using patterns for select parts and inspiration.  Luckily I have a ton of fabric left over from other projects, so I'm pretty sure the only thing I'll need to buy is trim (lace and fringe).

Here are the designs and fabric (the colors don't really go in the drawings, but I only had  crayons, so bear with me):

Chaela:


Joci:



Oh, yeah!  More on these as they develop.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Super cute!

Lisa said...

As a semstress and a lover of Halloween. I can appreciate!

Elyse said...

Cute! Im excited to see them! :)

Gemarie said...

Love how creative you are !! Wish we lived close so you good make some for my boy to come!!! lol

Unknown said...

Thanks! And Gem, I'll make whatever you want for baby Cameron... that's why we have the mail!

Amanda said...

Love love love the pirate costumes!!!!!

Kristin said...

I'm super excited to see this year's costumes! Halloween hasn't been quite as exciting as it used to be but this year I'm totally excited for it!

Jana said...

I can't wait to see them!

BrookeJean said...

Aaah. I'm so jealous of your sewing skills! Somehow I will learn ...

Rosalie said...

so awesome! Madison wants to be a cat...but I love the pirate look!