I'm finally starting to feel better, and that means resolving something that's been bothering me for months.
What the heck are we going to name this kid?
I've been too sick and tired to spend hours and hours scrolling through lists of names only to have Will reject the ones I pick. Now I'm not so sick, but I'm still tired, which makes me cranky when he does it. We're closing in on a girls' name. We're down to two, actually. The problem is that I like one and Will likes the other, of course.
Our boy name situation seems to be going in circles. If Joci had been a boy, her name would have been Calum, which is Scottish (where Will served his mission). I like it ok, even though I HATE the nickname Cal. The problem is the middle name. I want to use either William (Will's name, duh) or Wheeler (my grandpa's name). Will doesn't like Wheeler, but Calum William sounds weird to me (it's the 'lum 'lum). So either we find a first name that goes with William (WAY more difficult for my picky self than it should be) or I thrash Will into submission and we go with Calum Wheeler. My vote is for thrashing.
Anyway, I'm going to post a poll with our girl names, so vote. Vote for mine! I'm not telling you which one it is, but no pressure (PRESSURE!). If we ever come up with another option for a boy name, I'll post a poll about that, too.
Melissa’s Story
6 years ago

5 comments:
Preston is a good Scottish name that I think sounds nice with William.
I think Preston is a pretty cool name too. Like I said before, I like the old plain names. I'm hoping that if we have a boy we can name him James Joseph (Andrews middle name and my grandpas middle name) and then he can go by JJ.
I really can't come up with any cool boy names, when will you find out what you're having?!
Thanks guys! It's a great name, but not quite what we're looking for... because we're crazy.
Amanda- Kristin's going to use James for a middle name. I actually love it and suggested it to Will, but he doesn't like it. I'm not sure when we'll find out what we're having, but hopefully in about a month!
I wouldn't worry too much until you actually find out what you're having. We had the names all picked out, but now I guess it's all up in the air, so we'll see what happens. Really, there's no pressure until you actually have the baby even! You can wait as long as you want! You can always name the baby Jastin (Jay-stin), you know, after Jacob and I. It works for a boy or a girl!
If it's a girl, I recommend Ellen of course! No really, how about AilĂs or Evelyn (call her Evie for short). Oh yes, I definitely goggled Celtic names to find those. For a boys name...I have no helpful hints, only the urge to tell you that you're lucky since your husband isn't insisting on naming your firstborn son Michael Corleone from The Godfather (he insists it's for Michael, his brother-in-law and Corleone for his Italian heritage. Bah. I'm onto him).
Post a Comment