Sunday, May 6, 2012

Continuing my Education

Many of you may have heard me say how sad I am that I went to BYU before I heard about Brandon Sanderson (he's a very famous, successful fantasy author for those who don't know or don't want to click the link).  I had the opportunity to attend a workshop on plot that he gave at the Writing for Charity conference I went to back in March, but I wanted so badly to attend his class.  Well, now I can.  Sort of.  And so can whoever wants to.  His lectures are online, and they're FREE!

Blogs are more exciting with pictures!  Here is the only one I took at  the Writing for Charity conference.  Brandon is the second one from the left.


Of course no one I know will be as over the moon about this as me, but I was thinking about some of you who've said that they miss school or would like to take some classes.  Here is an excellent opportunity.  And if anyone else knows of any other interesting and free online classes, post about it in the comments!


As of now, only four of thirteen lectures are posted, but they are scheduled to appear on a weekly basis and remain accessible indefinitely.  There is also a writing group for those who would like to follow along and do the assignments.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How awesome!!! I've been wanting to go back to school at some point but I'm clueless as to what I'd like to do. Real estate, masters in education and non profit are a few of my ideas, but I have to get through this wedding first.

Deb Stevens said...

I'm very excited about this. I saw this posted some time back, but I'm so, so happy to have the reminder. I didn't know about the writing group that went a long with it. Are you doing that part?

Also. You up for doing a writing group like you and Z and I talked about at the Writing for Charity conference? I'd love to do something once a month-ish, if y'all are good with that. What are your thoughts? And how do you feel about meeting up sometime next week?