Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012: Day 1

This had  better not be how every day goes, or I don't know if I can do this.  It took me from about 10:30am until 5pm to write 1,680 words.  That is ridiculous.  I've done twice that number of words in significantly less time.  I blame this on a few things:

1) Lack of planning.
2) I sort of resent this story for taking my attention away from the other one, which I was finally getting into.
3) I have three children.
4) It's the beginning.

Still, I thought I'd have everything all wrapped up by lunchtime.  Ha!  Granted, I did have to take several breaks to take care of my kids, and some of them were an hour or more.

Ugh, I just got through one beginning and now I'm dealing with another one.  Also I have to sew some stuff tonight and make dinner.  Hopefully this gets easier.

1 comment:

Julie DeMille said...

"Just keep swimming." It'll come, and if nothing else, your writing will improve because of the effort. Maybe the 'other one' will benefit in the long run.