Friday, November 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012: Day 30. WINNER!

That's right, I win!  At 51,513 words, my story is finished.  Now I can set it aside and work on other things for a little while, until I'm ready to revise.


This month wasn't particularly easy.  My housework definitely suffered.  Because I was staying up until 2 AM some nights writing, I slept in late and Chaela and Joci destroyed some things.  I learned that I'm not one of those women who can have it all.  Yes, I'm here with my girls, but do you know how much TV they watched this month so I could achieve my goal?  A lot, and I feel guilty about it.  But at the same time, I feel immensely fulfilled to have achieved my goal.  It's a conundrum.

Anyway, now back to the story I was writing before NaNo.  I hope to keep up my good habits and finish it sometime in January, but with Christmas coming, we'll see what happens.

I'm so glad I did this.  It increased my love of writing and helped me get more comfortable making up a plot, which I always struggle with.  Thank you to everyone who supported me and good luck with any of goals you are trying to achieve right now!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie DeMille said...

Yay!! I'm so proud of you!

Z said...

Yay!!!!!! Way to go! I'm so proud of you!