Sunday, November 11, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012: Day 11

I did it.  Today I've officially written more on my NaNo novel than I have on my other one!  It's weird, to have passed in 11 days what took me months to make myself do.  I think I may want to keep up this habit of writing for an hour or so every night when I'm done with this!

I'm sort of getting into the non-editing discovery-type method, too.  I'm not sure if things will keep going this well because I've never managed to finish an entire story this way, but there's definitely something to be said for the ideas that come to you while you're in the thick of writing.

I am getting  faster at making junk up, and I'm liking this story better as I go along and it gets more complex. I'm so excited to finish this and be able to say that I've written two books!  And I hope I can figure out a non-contrived way of ending this when the time comes.  Now that I've started, though, there's a lot more story than I thought there was.  I've been wanting to stay away from trilogy-type things until I actually get published, but this might turn in to one.

Anyway, things are going well with it and someday (after I've finished my other story) I'll definitely come back to this one to see what it will look like when it's cleaned up (a lot).

In other news, Chaela had a line in the primary program at church today!  For the non-LDS, a primary program is where instead of our usual meeting the kids speak and sing LDS children's songs.  I was so proud of her!  And can I just say as a biased mom, she has a nice clear little voice and I wouldn't be surprised if her clear voice and fearless, dramatic personality made her a very talented performer of some kind some day!  :)

1 comment:

Julie DeMille said...

Still ahead of me, dang you! I'm still getting used to the non-editing thing, too. But, I do think it lets me just get to the story without worrying about the nit-picky stuff.