So I'm a mom now, and that's pretty cool. I was in labor for 9 hours, I think Will might have said that before. Not too bad for a first baby. I pushed for 45 minutes, so not as short as some, but not too bad either! I did have to have an episiotomy, and recovery from that is NOT fun, but she basically popped right out after the doctor did it. They told me it was better than a whole bunch of little tears, and I believe them I guess.
Being home has been nice, and having my mom here has been awesome! Especially with Will going back to work tomorrow and me really not being able to move around much at all. I can't wait to recover... life will be so much easier!!
So now I really don't know what to do about going to school. It's going to be more of a challenge than I thought, but with her sleeping all the time it might not be so bad to take her to class.
I do just have to say, there's a LOT about post-pregnancy no one ever mentions! Like it's a hassle to go to the bathroom, I can't walk very much, I'm sore all over, and my stomach somewhat resembles a really ugly deflated balloon. Oh! And the constant, strange worries that come with being a mom, like that if something gets within 6 inches of your baby's face she'll somehow not be able to breathe!!!! Oh well, this too shall pass! Well, probably not the worrying.
I hope every one else is doing well! I can't wait until everyone can come and meet her or she can come meet you!!!

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, you're a mom! That is so amazing, Caitlyn! You are amazing! You look so beautiful in your pictures and so does Chaela. I am so happy for you!
Caitlyn, this is Lacey, Alli's sister, I hope that you don't mind that I am totally snooping on your blog! But I just wanted to tell you how absolutely beautiful your little baby girl is! I saw her picture and totally fell in love, she is a doll. Congrats on the new addition, nice work with the labor and delivery, and best wishes with the next few months of life with a baby, you will do fabulous!
Post a Comment